Friday, July 15, 2011

Stupid City of Surprise!

So, we got a notice from the HOA stating that we needed to trim our tree otherwise we would get fined. Well I finally made Foo call the management company to find out what tree they were talking about and what their "tree trimming rules" were. Well when he called no one answered, so he left a message. Foo received a call from the management company later tonight. We come to find out that it wasn't the HOA asking us to trim our tree, but the city of surprise "cracking" down on the trees along the street. The lady told Foo that they are asking for the tree to be trimmed to 8ft on the sidewalk side and 13 ft on the street side. Why the hell would I trim my tree lopsided. Plus I don't know anyone in the neighborhood that is 8ft tall, so why does it need to be trimmed that high on the sidewalk side. I was so pissed!!! I thought the HOA was getting on our case about our tree (which is perfectly fine), when it was really the city! Why couldn't the city send out a notice asking us to trim our trees to their specifications, not get the HOAs involved?! Luckily it sounded like the management company was more concerned with the sidewalk side than the street side, so Foo will be trimming our tree a little this weekend. We don't want to violate those 8ft tall people walking on our sidewalks! I think the city of surprise has more important things they need to worry about instead of peoples trees, like replacing the funds they "borrowed" to build their ridiculous city hall!!!

No comments: