Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Looking Back.....

Looking back my parents always complained about people that took advantage of the system, without earning any of it, ie: welfare, medicaid, etc. I listened and acknowledged and then somewhat shrugged it off. As I have gotten older, have a full time job, a house and a family (and yes a husband and 3 dogs are a family), I have definitely gotten more bitter about govt funded programs. Yes, I understand that some people really need govt assistance in time of need and that is what it was intended to be. These programs in their purest forms are meant to help people in need during extreme financial hardships. I get extremely irritated when people abuse these programs. I pay my taxes, which means I (and every other tax payer) funds these programs. Why is it that citizens on welfare and other programs have more than I do? I can't afford to go out and buy expensive cameras, tablets and laptops, while people committing fraud feel they can go spend all their money and feel it is appropriate to ask for assistance. On top of that add an infant and another one on the way. Before Foo and I decided we weren't going to have kids, we really took a hard look at our finances and (at that time) decided we needed to wait if we were going to live a comfortable life and bring a child into the world. Why is it that people receive more money the more children they have? Shouldn't it be the more kids, the less money you receive? Wouldn't this deter women from having so many unplanned/unwanted children, if they knew they weren't going to be supported. Final thought before bed...... I don't want to hear you bitch about businesses not paying your taxes (because you are considered an independent contractor), but then you just don't pay them yourself. Since you "don't" have any money, then you sign up for assistance, but have nicer things than I do. Shut your face, pay your taxes (and back taxes) and become a responsible member of society.

No comments: